Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kicking my Butt in Gear

I'm about to administer a swift kick to my own rear-end...figuratively, not literally.  There are a few projects that I've had floating around in my head for a while now since seeing them around blogland.  I'm going to list them here and then commit to checking them off the list.  Soon.  Very soon.  Of course, I'll take pics and blog about them as I get them done.

1.  A framed monogram like Jessica's @ This Blessed Life.
 (photo from www.thisblessedlife.net/2010/03/easy-framed-monogram-project.html)
 
Don't you love it?  I picked up a truly hideous gold plastic picture frame from the dollar store...I'm hoping I can transform it with some paint.  Anyone know if you can paint plastic frames?  I guess I'll find out...

2.  A burlap valance for the dining window like Vanessa's @ Vanilla Lavender
(photo from vanillalavender.blogspot.com/2009/06/no-sew-window-valance-featuring-burlap.html)

I bought a curtain rod on Friday and I've had the burlap and some accent ribbon for a while now...just have to fire up the sewing machine.

3.  A family name sign from an old cabinet door.
(photo from www.americanwoodcrafts.com/PersonalizedFamilyEstablishedSignMonogram-idv-481-4.html)

I've seen a few versions at various blog linky parties.  There's one in particular that I quite liked, but I didn't bookmark it and I can't seem to find it again.  Sigh...when will I learn?

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am very flattered, thank you! I appreciate you linking back to my blog and giving me photo credit, too. Let me know when you complete yours!

    Oh, believe it or not, my frame was plastic, too - so yours should turn out fine! :)

    ReplyDelete